Access Statement for Melrose House Hotel, 89 Lennard Road, London SE20 7LY
Melrose House is a guest house on basement, ground, first and second floors. We have guest bedrooms on the ground, first and second floors and the dining rooms are in the lower ground floor.
• Melrose House is on the corner of Lennard Road and Courtenay Road, London SE20 7LY. We are always pleased to send directions from arrival airports, stations, ferry ports etc.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Upon arrival by car parking is available on the front drive, and free parking is available on Lennard Road and Courtenay Road. Guests staying in our garden annexe are advised to park outside the large entrance gates adjacent to the annexe in Courtenay Road.
• Arrival by public transport: From Victoria Station in central London to Penge East Station – you walk past the little row of shops and turn right into Lennard Road, Melrose House is a 5-10 minute walk down the road on the right hand side. From New Beckenham Station (under the subway under the rail tracks) it is a 10 minute walk up Lennard Road, over the traffic lights and Melrose House is on the left side of the road. The railway stations are at each end of the road respectively.
• The main entrance to the house is from the front drive, there are 2 steps into the house and a ramp can be provided for wheelchairs and trolleys. The office is situated on the ground floor and there are no steps involved. Guests can be made comfortably seated whilst registration is carried out and refreshments provided.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
The dining room is situated in the lower ground floor
- The garden annexe is all ground floor.
- Rooms 1, 2 and 3 are situated on the first floor – up one flight of stairs.
- Rooms 4 and 5 are situated on the second floor – up two flights of stairs.
- Nos. 6 and 11 are on the ground floor of the main house. Access to these rooms are through the front entrance door• There are 4 rooms in the garden annexe which has one step into the building.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• There is a conservatory (garden room) for guest use situated on the ground floor. Access is through the side entrance or the lower ground floor.
All rooms have private WCs.
Restaurant / Dining Room
• The dining room is currently on the ground floor of the main house but this will be moved to the basement in April/May this year. There are currently no steps into the present dining room. There will be a set of stairs to the dining room when it is moved to the basement.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• The bedrooms do not have steps into the rooms, and the rooms are of a good height and dimension. Two rooms (4 and 5) have sloping ceilings.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• Two of the rooms in the garden annexe have a step into the bathrooms, which are wet rooms, i.e. the shower is the same level as the rest of the room (WC and basin).
• All rooms have ensuite bathrooms, or private non shared bathrooms. Room 2 has a full private bathroom with a full bath with shower over, WC, bidet, basin. The large family room in the garden has an ensuite full bathroom with a full bath and separate shower, WC and basin.
Grounds and Gardens
• Melrose House has a garden for guest use, there are no steps or slopes.
• The rooms at Melrose House are not suitable for wheelchairs, except for the garden rooms where guests with a limited mobility can use wheelchairs and store them whilst in their rooms. They also have walk in showers.
• Whilst we do not accept pets in Melrose House we do accept guide dogs for blind and/or deaf people.
• All rooms have telephones for interconnection purposes to contact reception and other guests.
• There are clear evacuation signs in case of fire, and a proficient fire alarm system, as well as instructions in each room.
• Melrose House is a completely non smoking establishment.
Address: Mrs. F. Roberts
89 Lennard Road,
London, SE20 7LY.
Telephone: 020 8776 8884
mobile for Mrs. Roberts: 07908091730
Fax: 020 8778 6366
Hours of operation: 24 hours
Emergency number: mobile: 07908091730
Local accessible taxi numbers: 020 8658 0066 – you will find this company cheaper and more efficient than ordinary “black cabs” that are available at some railway stations, and airports.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 02087768884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org